Friday 25 January 2008

A “Thank You” For Frankie

Well, I wondered if he was being serious, but it looks like it’s the end of an era for Charlton blogger Frankie Valley.

If things are indeed no more, I’d just like to voice my thanks – I read your blog every day since I stumbled across it a year or so ago.

Always humorous, even in the rants, it made a refreshing change to the p*ss-dull, bog-standard, inaccurate reporting of our club that we get subjected to in the national press. That’s if we’re lucky enough to get more than an amoeba-sized postage stamp in the first place.

It gave me links to the many other Charlton blogs I now read on a daily basis, and to be perfectly honest I wouldn’t even have thought about writing this blog if I hadn’t discovered the wider blogging community. The comments section even kept me checking throughout the day for further gossip.

Anyways – Frankie, if this is the end I salute you. You’ll be missed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frankie will be very much missed by a great number of Charlton and non Charlton fans all over the world..

Thailand, Jakarta,Chicago,Pompey and many many more.....

StoneMuse said...

Agreed, he was one of the reasons I started as well.

Anonymous said...

How he maintained such a high standard on a daily basis I don't know.

I'm hoping it's a bit of understandable burn out that has made him stop and that he will return refreshed soon.

I'm enjoying your blog too.

Anonymous said...

I'm anonymous if this effort works!