Monday 10 December 2007

Double Dare

I've got a double apparently – yep, whilst hard at work today in the Tower Hill area, I was seen in Berkeley Square in London's West End. Luckily my spotter realised their mistake before tapping 'me' on the shoulder for a rather awkward moment of embarrassment.

It got me thinking though – if I've got a clone walking around, one of his mate's is going to mistake me for him one day. Imagine if we've got the same voice, mannerisms and everything – this could be ace!

Thing is, unlike the poor unsuspecting chap in Berkeley Square, I'm prepared for it. Oh yes. I can't wait to confuse the hell out of the first person who taps me on the shoulder thinking I'm someone else. You could fake amnesia, pretend you snogged them last night, maybe even cash in on any drinks your stunt double is owed.

Try and find out where they work as well – if it's somewhere cool, blag it! Could be freebies all night and partying with models until your drinks tab convulses. And to finish, sign it in the other guy's name...

OK, so the chances of this happening are pretty slim, but you can have a similar level of mirth in other cases of mistaken identity.

We've all had the 'wrong number' phone calls, the annoying ones where the person calling you is mistakenly convinced you're the person they're after. I still don't get those situations - I'm generally a pretty good judge of knowing I am actually me and not Bob from Fife. Next time you get a call like this, have a bit of fun.

Pretend you really are that person. If you're a bloke and they're calling for a woman, put a girly voice on or convince them you're in the process of a sex change. Try and find out some juicy gossip about them. Start an argument. If you're feeling really evil, arrange to meet them for dinner.

It's like a reverse-the-charges version of Fonejacker. For anyone yet to see this, check out www.fonejacker.com. This is your toolkit - pull off something on this scale and a career change could be on the cards for you...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad theres only one Dangerous Barry!

Anonymous said...

I saw you (Bas) coming out the gym the other day... 'cept your hair wasn't done and you looked a right muppet - must have been your double eh?